Every year Thanksgiving rolls around and I find myself going back to our family favorite dishes. There are some recipes that complete our Thanksgiving feast that we can’t live without. A Thanksgiving recipes index is long overdue. All recipes in photos have a link, step-by-step photos, and instruction. Remember to pace yourself during the holidays. Prepare whatever you can in advance.
Let’s begin with pies
- Pie Crust 101 Tutorial
- Apple Dumplings with Apple Cider Creme Anglaise – My father’s favorite all-time dessert. So easy to make without the fuss of making the crust look perfect.
- Slab Apple Pie – Perfect for a crowd.
- Pecan Chocolate Tart – make this 2 weeks in advance, wrap, freeze, thaw, eat.
- Spiced Apple Sour Cream Pie
- Cranberry Peach Pie
- Coconut Cream Pie – My grandmother’s recipe. It’s heaven.
- Pear Almond Tart – This is a showstopper!
One recipe Two Amazing Rolls
- Dinner Crescent Rolls – made with an overnight refrigerated dough, which makes it extremely easy to roll out and shape
- Orange Rolls – Killer, buttery, over-the-top. A must have at our Thanksgiving feast.
Brining and Roasted Turkey
- Turkey Brine – with flavors of orange, garlic, and rosemary.
- Roast Turkey with Apple Cider Thyme Gravy
- Southern Yams – if you only make one recipe from this index, MAKE THIS!
- Fresh Herb Turkey Stuffing – secrets to making fabulous stuffing/dressing.
Crockpot Turkey for a small gathering: