This is the pie I eat for breakfast the morning after Thanksgiving while shopping online for all the great sales.
Lining the Tart Tin
- Roll the dough into an 11-inch circle.
- I like to roll the crust onto the rolling pin. Unroll the dough over the top of the tart pan.
- Press the dough firmly into the crimped edges.
- Take the rolling pin and run it across the top of the tart pan. This will cut the dough just super slick.
- Remove the extra dough.
- Place the unbaked tart shell on a lined baking sheet. Set aside.
Mixing the Pecan Chocolate Filling
- In a large bowl, beat the egg. Slowly add the sugar, whisking all the time. Add the golden syrup or honey, corn syrup, and cream. Mix together and beat well.
- Stir in pecans and chocolate chips.
- Pour mixture into the prepared tart shell.
- Spread evenly.
- Pop into a preheated 375-degree oven and bake for 50-55 minutes or until puffed and golden brown
- Remove from the oven. Let cool for about 5 minutes. Not much longer or you won’t get it out of the tart pan.
Center the baked tart on top of a large can and the ring should just drop right off. Remove the bottom metal pan from the tart. like to put my tart on a 10-inch cardboard round. Let cool completely. The tart can be placed on a serving platter and served once cooled.
OR wrap the entire disk and tart in plastic wrap. Then wrap in a large sheet of aluminum foil. Wrap tight and place in the freezer for up to 3 weeks. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
Pecan Chocolate Pie
This Pecan Chocolate Tart is made is with whole pecans, semi-sweet chocolate, and golden syrup and is completely addicting.
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup Lyle's Golden Syrup or honey
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup light cream
- 2 1/4 cups Pecan halves
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 prepared unbaked tart crust
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Whisk the eggs an sugar together in a big bowl just enough to combine them. Whisk in the golden syrup and the corn syrup. Add the butter, cream and whisk until smooth. Stir in pecans and chocolate chips. Pour the mixture into the prepared tart shell.
Place the tart on the center rack in the oven and bake for 50-55 minutes, or until the filling is firm to the touch and the nuts and crust are golden brown.
Remove the tart from the oven, and set it on a wire rack to cool slightly.
To remove the tart from the pan, rest it on a big can. Make sure the tart is steady and balanced. Slide the outside ring of the pan down off the tart. Move the tart to your work surface, and slide the tart off the pan bottom onto a serving dish or cutting board.
Serve warm or wrap with plastic wrap then aluminum foil and freeze for up to 2 weeks.
Makes 1 9-inch tart.