What’s better than a warm chocolate chip cookie? How about warm jumbo chocolate chip cookies made with butter and maxi-size chocolate chips. This is my go to chocolate chip cookie recipe.
At the top of my list of “favorite foods” would be cookies. They are the perfect food. Need a quick snack? Just grab a cookie. Cookies are easy to eat in the car while running around town. They pack great into a lunch box or back pack. Cookies are great energy while hiking. My list can go on and on….
This cookie fits into the palm of my hand! It’s a little more difficult to dip into a glass of milk.
Let’s make cookies
- Gather and measure all cookie ingredients.
- Whisk or sift flour, salt, and baking soda together.
- In a large mixing bowl mix softened butter, brown sugar, white sugar.
- Mix for 4 minutes!
- Add vanilla and eggs one at a time. I actually forgot about this step while photographing. The eggs just incorporate easier when added one at a time. Mix until well blended.
- Add flour mixture 1 cup at a time.
- Gently stir in chocolate chips.
- Using a large ice cream scoop that holds about 1/2 cup dough, drop cookies onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Note: if not using parchment paper, there is NO need to oil baking sheet. These lovely babes have quite enough fat in them not to stick.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes. You want the center cooked not doughy. Just don’t over bake.
- Allow to cool on baking sheet for about 5 minutes before removing to a cooling rack.
There was a time in my life when I could eat a few cookies dipped in milk before going to bed. That was when I was under the age of 10! Now I have to restrain myself. I decided to freeze all cookies so I wouldn’t eat them. I realized chocolate chip cookies are fabulous frozen!
No worries if you don’t want jumbo size cookies, just use a smaller ice cream scoop and you should get about 48 cookies. Just note that cookies freeze very well. So make a stash and always have fresh cookies in the cookie jar.
Jumbo Chocolate Chip Cookies
Buttery Jumbo size chocolate chop cookies that are soft and chewy. Loaded with maxi-size chocolate chips.
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar firmly packed
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 lb butter room temperature
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp soda
- 5 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups Maxi size chocolate chips semi-sweet or milk chocolate
Sift or whisk flour, salt, and soda together. Set aside.
Mix brown, sugar, and softened butter with an electric mixer for 5 minutes on medium speed.
Add eggs one a time. Mixing well after each addition. Add vanilla.
Mix in flour mixture.
Stir in chocolate chips.
Line baking sheet with parchment, if desired. Pan does not need to be greased. Scoop 2 tablespoons of dough onto a baking sheet. Allow 2-inches between cookies. I can get 12 cookies per baking sheet.
Bake in a preheated 350F degree oven for 114-16 minutes. Remove from oven. Allow cookies to cool for 5-7 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack.
- Do not over bake cookies.
- Pure vanilla is best.
- Milk chocolate chips or semi-sweet chocolate may bay be used.
- If using regular size chocolate chips add 4 cups.
- If making a smaller cookie, just add 3 cups regular size chocolate chips
- Walnuts are an amazing addition. I like to add 1 cup coarsely chopped.
- Don't use margarine...it's gross and destroys the cookie flavor...unless you are dairy free.
- A 2 tablespoon scoop may be used for smaller cookies. Batch will make 48 cookies.
- Cookies freeze very well for at least 3 weeks...or more. There are generally eaten within that time frame.
Other recipes you might like:
Layered Chocolate Cream Cheese Brownies
My favorite memory as a kid was coming home to the smell of freshly baked chocolate chip cookies. I loved sitting at the kitchen counter and eating these cookies fresh from the oven with a glass of cold milk while my mother and I talked about our day. This is that recipe — and it is the most perfect, chewy, chocolate chip cookie recipe! Trust me, your kids will love them!
(Instead of Jumbo, try making mini Chocolate Chip Cookies! It takes longer with such a tiny scoop, but kids love it!)
Thanks for Sharing MAMMA!
Janet Barton says
Good times and good memories. You just can’t beat cookies and milk.
Thanks for another great recipe. My kids were thrilled with Jumbo cookies.
Janet Barton says
So great to hear.
Marika lathem says
Another beautiful recipe! I thought i had the best chOc chip cookie recipe til i saw this, a must try! Thank you for your wonderful work🙏
Janet Barton says
Thank you so much. Please let me know what you think of the recipe. I’d love to know if you like your recipe better. I’m always on a search for the perfect chocolate chip cookie. I think there may be more than one out there.