What’s better than a warm chocolate chip cookie? How about warm jumbo chocolate chip cookies made with butter and maxi-size chocolate chips. This is my go to chocolate chip cookie recipe.
At the top of my list of “favorite foods” would be cookies. They are the perfect food. Need a quick snack? Just grab a cookie. Cookies are easy to eat in the car while running around town. They pack great into a lunch box or back pack. Cookies are great energy while hiking. My list can go on and on….
This cookie fits into the palm of my hand! It’s a little more difficult to dip into a glass of milk.
Let’s make cookies
- Gather and measure all cookie ingredients.
- Whisk or sift flour, salt, and baking soda together.
- In a large mixing bowl mix softened butter, brown sugar, white sugar.
- Mix for 4 minutes!
- Add vanilla and eggs one at a time. I actually forgot about this step while photographing. The eggs just incorporate easier when added one at a time. Mix until well blended.
- Add flour mixture 1 cup at a time.
- Gently stir in chocolate chips.
- Using a large ice cream scoop that holds about 1/2 cup dough, drop cookies onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Note: if not using parchment paper, there is NO need to oil baking sheet. These lovely babes have quite enough fat in them not to stick.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes. You want the center cooked not doughy. Just don’t over bake.
- Allow to cool on baking sheet for about 5 minutes before removing to a cooling rack.
There was a time in my life when I could eat a few cookies dipped in milk before going to bed. That was when I was under the age of 10! Now I have to restrain myself. I decided to freeze all cookies so I wouldn’t eat them. I realized chocolate chip cookies are fabulous frozen!
No worries if you don’t want jumbo size cookies, just use a smaller ice cream scoop and you should get about 48 cookies. Just note that cookies freeze very well. So make a stash and always have fresh cookies in the cookie jar.
Jumbo Chocolate Chip Cookies
Buttery Jumbo size chocolate chop cookies that are soft and chewy. Loaded with maxi-size chocolate chips.
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar firmly packed
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 lb butter room temperature
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp soda
- 5 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups Maxi size chocolate chips semi-sweet or milk chocolate
Sift or whisk flour, salt, and soda together. Set aside.
Mix brown, sugar, and softened butter with an electric mixer for 5 minutes on medium speed.
Add eggs one a time. Mixing well after each addition. Add vanilla.
Mix in flour mixture.
Stir in chocolate chips.
Line baking sheet with parchment, if desired. Pan does not need to be greased. Scoop 2 tablespoons of dough onto a baking sheet. Allow 2-inches between cookies. I can get 12 cookies per baking sheet.
Bake in a preheated 350F degree oven for 114-16 minutes. Remove from oven. Allow cookies to cool for 5-7 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack.
- Do not over bake cookies.
- Pure vanilla is best.
- Milk chocolate chips or semi-sweet chocolate may bay be used.
- If using regular size chocolate chips add 4 cups.
- If making a smaller cookie, just add 3 cups regular size chocolate chips
- Walnuts are an amazing addition. I like to add 1 cup coarsely chopped.
- Don't use margarine...it's gross and destroys the cookie flavor...unless you are dairy free.
- A 2 tablespoon scoop may be used for smaller cookies. Batch will make 48 cookies.
- Cookies freeze very well for at least 3 weeks...or more. There are generally eaten within that time frame.
Other recipes you might like: