Let’s make creepy Halloween treats:
Let’s make the fingers creepy and bloody:
Repeat on the remaining fingers.
Creepy Witch Finger Cookies
Tender crisp butter cookie shaped witch fingers. Creepy Witch finger cookies are a perfect Halloween treat. How can something that tastes this good look so bad?
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar confectionery
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon Almond extract
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt 1/2 teaspoon salt, if using salted butter
- 3/4 cup whole blanched almonds
- green food coloring few drops
- 1 tube red decorator gel
- In a bowl, beat together butter, sugar, egg, almond and vanilla extract; beat in flour, baking powder and salt. Add a few drops of green food coloring until it reaches your desired green. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Roll heaping tablespoons of dough into finger shape for each cookie. Press almond firmly into one end for the nail. Squeeze in center to create knuckle shape; using a paring knife or toothpick, make several places to form knuckle.
Place on lightly greased baking sheets or parchment lined baking sheets. Bake in a 325 degree oven for 20-25 minutes or until pale golden. Let cool for 3 minutes.
Lift up almond; squeeze red decorator gel onto nail bed and press almond back into place, so gel oozes out from underneath. Let cool. Makes about 28 large cigar size cookies. If you only use 1 teaspoon of dough, you will get about 4 dozen cookies.
- If you only use 1 teaspoon of dough, you will get about 4 dozen cookies.
- raspberry jam may be used in place of red icing gel.
- If using salted butter, decrease salt to 1/2 teaspoon.