Intensely moist Chocolate Coconut Zucchini Bread is extremely flavorful with the addition of chocolate chips and shredded coconut.
Zucchini bread is so quick and easy to make and a great solution to the zucchini that suddenly grows 18 inches overnight! I swear that happens to me every year/week.
I spend my life hiding healthy foods in recipes from my husband. It’s getting more and more difficult to disguise zucchini. That’s why I made small little cakes, drizzled them with chocolate ganache, coconut, and chocolate chunks. I’m not saying this is a health food. You have to admit zucchini bread is a great way to use up an extremely large zucchini.
This recipe can be easily baked in a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
Let’s make quick and easy chocolate zucchini bread (with coconut):
- Prepare pans or ramekins by greasing with oil, spray, and then lining with parchment paper for easy removal.
- Grate 2 cups of zucchini. Golden or green. Set aside.
- Gather and measure all of the ingredients listed in the recipe.
- In a large bowl, sift or whisk dry ingredients together. (sugar, flour, cocoa, coconut, salt, soda, and baking powder)
- Set aside.
- In a smaller bowl, beat eggs and oil together until frothy.
- Stir in grated zucchini
- Add egg zucchini mixture to the dry ingredients. Stir only to combine.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into a 5 x 9-inch bread pan, 6 3-inch ramekins, 6 small bread pans, or 12-18 muffin cups.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 50-55 minutes for bread, 22 minutes for smaller ramekins. 18 minutes for muffins.
Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans or ramekins. I added little strips of parchment to make removal super simple.
Let’s make a ganache!
- Chop 8 ounces of semi-sweet chocolate. Chocolate wafers or chips may be used.
- Heat cream or coconut cream in a small saucepan over medium heat until small bubbles are beginning to form around the edges. Remove from heat.
- Add chocolate and butter. Let stand for about 10 minutes.
- Stir until smooth and creamy. Let cool for about another 10-15 minutes for a thicker ganache.
Drizzle cooled ganache over little cakes, bread, or muffins. Ganache is optional, of course, but who would want to do that?
Top with more chocolate shavings and flaked coconut.
Chocolate Coconut Zucchini Bread
Quick and easy chocolate zucchini bread with coconut and chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup olive oil light flavored
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups zucchini shredded
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1/3 cup coconut unsweetened desiccated
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips semi-sweet
Chocolate Ganache Glaze
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- 2/3 cup cream or coconut cream
- 2 tbsp butter
- semi-sweet chocolate chunks or shavings
- coconut flaked or ribbons
Lightly grease and line with parchment paper a 9 x 5-inch bread baking pan. Set aside. Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
whisk or sift together sugar, flour, cocoa, coconut, salt, baking powder, soda.
Mix oil, eggs, and vanilla in a bowl until light in color. Stir in grated zucchini. Set aside.
Mix dry ingredients into egg mixture. Mix just until combined and fold in chocolate chips.
Chocolate Ganache Glaze
In a small sauce pan, heat cream until steamy and barely beginning to boil around the edges. Add chopped chocolate and butter. Let stand for about 10 minutes. Stir until smooth allow to cool for 20-30 minutes before glazing bread. Top with chopped chocolate and flaked coconut ribbons
- 6 small bread pans may be used instead on one large OR 6 3-inch ramekins OR 12-18 muffin cups.
- If you're not a coconut fan, omit coconut all together. Add and additional 1/4 cup flour.
- Coconut oil may be used in place of light flavored olive oil OR Avocado oil may be used.
Zucchini on steroids. This is what happens when one doesn’t check the garden in 5 days.
You may also want to try these recipes: