- Preheat oven to 350℉. Begin by measuring and prepping all the ingredients for the bread.
- Butter the bottom and sides of a 9 x 5-inch bread pan. Set aside.
- Mash bananas in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Sift or stir together the flour, baking soda, and salt together. Set aside.
Mixing Banana Nut Bread
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs and gradually add sugar. Mix until light in color.
- Mix in the oil, applesauce, and yogurt or sour cream. (1/2 cup oil may be used in place of applesauce)
- Add mashed bananas and mix until well blended.
- Stir in the flour mixture.
- Fold in chopped nuts.
- Pour banana bread mixture into prepared bread pan and top with additional chopped nuts if desired. Bake for 45-50 minutes. Check the center of the bread to make sure the bread is done by inserting a toothpick into the bread. The toothpick should come out clean. If there is batter still stuck to the toothpick, bake an additional 5 minutes.
Remove from the oven and set on a cooling rack. Allow cooling for 10 minutes. Carefully remove warm bread from the baking pan and allow to set on a wire rack until completely cool.
Banana Nut Bread
Whole wheat flour Banana Nut Bread. Loaded with nuts made and with a hint of yogurt
- 1 2/3 cups whole wheat flour (can sub with white flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar + 2 tablespoons
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup avocado oil or light flavored olive oil
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 3 1/2 bananas very ripe, mashed
- 2 tablespoons yogurt or sour cream
- 1 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup walnuts coarsely chopped
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly butter a 9 x 5-inch bread pan then set aside. Mash bananas and set aside. Sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl beat sugar and eggs together. Slowly add in the oil and continue beating. Add applesauce, mashed bananas, yogurt, and vanilla. Stir in the flour mixture and fold in the nuts. Pour into prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven for 50-55 minutes.
Banana Nut Bread High Altitude Conversion Recipe
(4,000-5,500 feet above sea eleven)
1 2/3 + 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup avocado oil or extra-light olive oil
1/4 cup applesauce
3 1/2 bananas, very ripe and mashed
2 tablespoons yogurt or sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside. Lightly butter a 9 x 5-inch bread pan then set aside.
In a large mixing bowl beat sugar and eggs together. Add oil and applesauce continue beating. Add bananas, yogurt, and vanilla. Stir in the flour mixture and fold in the nuts. Pour into prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven for 50-55 minutes.
Previously published in 2010. Printabe recipe, nutrition, and photos have been added.
You May Also Love
While on a hunt looking for the many uses of sourdough starter, I came across this amazing Banana bread. Check out this recipe by The Clever Carrot for Ultimate Sourdough Banana Bread. I added a handful of nuts…because I LOVE nuts! The loaf rises and mounds to perfection. It’s a new favorite banana bread.