Chocolate Mint Brownies
Adding mint to your brownies makes for a cool twist. I love the combo of the colors and flavors and hope you do, too.
- 4 cups sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups cocoa dutch process
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 sticks unsalted butter, melted 2 1/2 cups
- 8 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 2 sticks butter, softened 1 cup
- 4 cups powder sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- ¼ teaspoon peppermint extract
- Few drops of food coloring pink or green
- 12 oz package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup butter
- Grease and flour a 12 x 18-inch baking sheet. In a large mixing bowl combine sugar, flour and cocoa. Mix ingredients. Pour in the melted butter and beat just until blended then add eggs and vanilla. Mix thoroughly. Pour into prepared pan and bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes. Cool completely.
- Blend all ingredients until smooth and spread over cooled brownies.
- Put chocolate chips and butter in a bowl and microwave for 70 seconds. Stir to blend. Spread over mint layer. Refrigerate until set.
***I'm really fond of unsalted butter, but you can use salted if you'd like. You may want to decrease the amount of salt if you are using salted butter. Your brownies - your choice.