Beetroot Butter Avocado Toast is perfect for using up the many loaves of sourdough bread you might be baking. It’s smooth and creamy and spreads beautifully over toasted bread layered with slices of avocado, pickled red onions, and topped with microgreens. I’m drooling.
Meet your new favorite toast! How beautiful IS this? The color of the beet butter is so vibrant. Add the slices of avocado with pickled red onions.
The Beauty of Beets
You may already know that I have a beetroot obsession. The number one reason is the COLOR! I just can’t get over how vibrant and beautiful beets are. Just take a look at the color of this butter! Beets are high in nutrition and fiber and contain the following vitamins and minerals: (just to mention a few)
- Folate (vitamin B9)
- Vitamin C
Beets can be eaten raw, roasted, boiled, and juiced. Beets are great shredded and “quick pickled” to top taco’s or these Bahn Mi Buns topped with an assortment of quick-pickled veggies. I add 1/2 cup cooked beet puree to my chocolate cake recipe. The puree makes the cake extremely moist. Join in the nutritious beet movement. Your body will thank you.
How to Make Beetroot Butter
- Dry roast pumpkin seeds in a medium-size skillet over low heat. Stirring often for even browning.
- Place toasted pumpkin seeds in the bowl of a food processor
- Add cooked beets, canned white beans, tahini, salt, pepper, olive oil, and lemon juice.
- Process until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Taste then adjust the seasonings if desired.
Layering the Beetroot Butter Avocado Toast
Spread thick sourdough bread slices with 2 tablespoons of beetroot butter. Layer with sliced avocados, pickled onions, and favorite seasonings. I’m love sprinkling my avocados with Dukkah, red pepper flakes, coarse sea salt, and a few grinds of pepper. Topped with a handful of microgreens.
Beetroot Butter Avocado Toast
Beautiful beet butter spread on toasted sourdough bread layered with avocados, pickled red onions, and microgreens
- 3/4 cup pumpkin seeds toasted
- 1 cup cooked beets
- 1/2 cup white beans Navy, Great Northern, or Cannelini
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil or avocado
Beet Butter Avocado Toast
- Sourdough bread slices
- Beet Butter
- pickled red onions
- Dukkah, red pepper flakes, sea salt, pepper
- Nutrition calculation is only for 1 serving = 2 tablespoons. It does not include bread, avocado, pickled onions, seasonings.
- Sometimes the beet butter will darken on top. Pour a thin layer of olive oil over the top to prevent this from happening.
- It's ok to eat with a spoon. Yum.
- Use beet butter in place of hummus.
- Excellent in rice or quinoa bowls. Yum!
You May Also Love These Beautiful Beet Recipes