Extremely moist Chocolate Banana Cupcakes with Nutella Icing with a surprise of chocolate chunks inside. Chocolate, banana, and Nutella are a heavenly combination.
Mixing Chocolate Banana Cupcakes
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, salt, and baking powder. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350℉. Line cupcake pans with paper liners. Set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixing beat eggs and sugar together.
- MIx until light yellow in color.
- With the mixer running, slowly add oil. Then stir in mashed bananas and vanilla.
- Add flour and buttermilk alternately beginning and ending with the flour.
- Mix in hot water just until combined scraping the sides and bottom of the bowl. Stir in chocolate chunks. Divide batter equally between the cupcake pans. Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until the cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool cupcakes completely then top with Nutella Icing.
Chocolate Banana Cupcakes with Nutella Icing
Super moist chocolate cupcakes with chocolate chunks and bananas. Topped with creamy Nutella Icing.
- 2 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup oil (I used light flavored olive oil)
- 2 mashed bananas 3/4 cup
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2/3 cup chocolate chunks or chocolate chips
- 1 cup butter softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup Nutella or creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoons vanilla
Preheat oven to 350F. Line cupcake pans with paper liners, set aside. Sift flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt together. Set mixture aside. In a large mixing bowl beat sugar and eggs until light yellow. With the mixer running slowly drizzle in oil. Mix until smooth. Mix in mashed bananas and vanilla. Add buttermilk alternately with flour mixture. Beginning and ending with the flour. Slowly add 3/4 cup boiling water until the batter is smooth. Stir in chocolate chunks. Divide batter between the lined cupcake pans. Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly pressed.
- With an electric mixer, beat butter and powdered sugar for 4 minutes until smooth and creamy. Mix in Nutella for an additional 2 minutes. Stir in sour cream and vanilla.
*High altitude adjustments: Reduce sugar by 2 tablespoons then add 2 tablespoons more flour