¾ cup flour
¼ cup buckwheat flour
¼ cup whole wheat flour
2 Tablespoons cornmeal
1 tablespoon sugar
1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
2 Tablespoons melted butter
1 ¼ cups whole milk
1 cup fresh blueberries
1 thinly sliced banana
1. Mix the dry ingredients together in a medium size bowl.
2. In a separate bowl beat the eggs with the milk and the melted butter.
3. Add this wet mixture to your dry ingredients until you have a basic pancake batter. Add an additional ¼ cup milk of the mixture is too thick for your liking. Don’t stir too much or the pancakes will be tough.
4. When the batter is ready, gently fold in the blueberries.
5. Heat a griddle, adding a little oil. Ladles a five inch circle of batter onto the griddle. Drop a few slices of banana into each circle. Cook pancakes until the tops are covered with tiny bubbles, then flip them over and finish cooking.
6. Serve hot with peanut butter (my choice) and pure maple syrup.
Makes about 8 pancakes.
I hope you have a fabulous Mother’s Day. My wish for you is that someone at least helps you with the dishes.
I don't really like banana pudding, which seems to be an interesting Paleo dish but I do enjoy bananas in pancakes.