Fall is time for fabulous fruits and vegetables. I get more excited going to a farmers market than I do
Put the ground lavender aside for just a moment.
Blackberry Peach Lavender Muffins
Seasonal blackberries, peaches, and lavender in a buttery muffin with streusel topping.
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon butter softened to room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup light flavored olive oil
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons dried lavender buds for culinary use
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup blackberries
- 1 medium peach peeled and coarsely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line 12 muffin tins with paper or grease and flour them.
- To make the topping: In a small bowl, mix the brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and butter until crumbly. Set aside.
- To make the muffins: In a large bowl, mix the oats and orange juice. Stir in the oil and egg. Add the flour, sugar, lavender, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix well, Gently fold in the berries and chopped peach.
- Bake for 18 - 20 minutes or until lightly golden. cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes before removing from the pan. Whatever! I just pulled them out and ate them hot!
- Should make 10-12 muffins