In a small saucepan or milk frother, add 1 cup coconut almond milk and 1 tablespoon raw cacao. Feel free to add or decrease the amount.
1/2 teaspoon raw Maca powder, which has an amazing malt like flavor. I add it to my hot chocolate and smoothies daily. It tastes delicious and has great health benefits. It’s quite energizing.
Add a dash or two of ground cinnamon.
A good pinch of cayenne pepper. If you have sinus congestion, add two pinches.
Pour into your favorite cocoa cup.
Coconut-Almond Milk Spiced Hot Chocolate
Don't let a dairy allergy keep you away from decadent hot chocolate. Make your own with these warming spices.
- 1 cup Coconut Almond milk (I make my own, but you can use your favorite brand OR you can use regular dairy milk)
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao
- 1/2 teaspoon raw maca powder
- few dashes of cinnamon
- a pinch or two of cayenne pepper optional
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- optional: Dollop of whipped coconut cream
Heat all of the ingredients in a small saucepan. Whisk until smooth. Serve at your favorite temperature.