I have a smoothie bowl EVERYDAY! EVERYDAY! I’m completely addicted. This cherry berry pitaya bowl is becoming one of my favorite blends. If I don’t have this for breakfast, I have it for lunch. If I don’t have it for breakfast OR lunch, I have it for dinner. I just love the bright refreshing flavor of the cherry berry pitaya bowl.
I like to add frozen cherries to the blend because they help muscles heal faster and help reduce inflammation. Exactly what I need for healing and repairing these old muscles.
You will notice that I have not included step-by-step photo’s and instructions. I apologize. I’m trying to get my garden and flowerbeds planted. I’m so glad I didn’t plant last week because we had a whopping snow storm AGAIN right after Mother’s Day. We have a short enough growing season in Utah and my husband starts bugging me as soon as it warms up to get my garden planted. EVERY year I till him not until closer to Memorial Day. Someone told me it is safe to plant in Utah after the first full moon after Mother’s day. This year that will me May 28th. I don’t trust Utah especially where I live at the base of the beautiful Wasatch mountain range. I have had my garden freeze as late as June 6th. Nope don’t trust the weather here at all!
This is such an easy recipe. Blend. Top. Eat. Enjoy.
Top with whatever fruits and crunchies you love the most. I love adding the creaminess of yogurt. Put your feet up and completely enjoy.
Cherry Berry Pitaya Bowl
A blend of pitaya, cherries, pineapple and coconut water. Topped with fresh fruit, yogurt and granola.
- 1 3 oz pkg frozen Pitaya/Dragon fruit
- 1/2 cup coconut water
- 1/2 cup frozen Cherries
- 1/4 cup frozen pineapple chunks
toppings of choice:
- 1/4 cup coconut yogurt or greek yogurt
- slice fresh pineapple, strawberries, blueberries & raspberries
- unsweetened coconut flakes
- granola or sliced almonds
- cacao nibs – always
- hemp hearts
- bee pollen
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup frozen banana 1/2 fresh banana
- Blend pitaya, coconut water, cherries, pineapple, banana in a blender until smooth. Pour into a bowl and top with your fresh pineapple, strawberries, blueberries and raspberries or any fruit of your choice. I love a dollop of coconut yogurt, granola or nuts for crunch, hemp hearts for more health and ALWAYS cacao nibs. Enjoy a bit of heaven. Serves one
- Nutrition does not include calories and fat from granola or added fruit.
- Nutrition info depends on how much is loaded on top of smoothie bowl.