The first day of Autumn is perfect for this rustic no knead pumpkin pecan bread. The cool Fall temperatures just get me in the mood for baking.
This version of no knead pumpkin pecan bread is filled with toasted pecans and a pumpkin pie spice blend that will fill your home with scent of a Autumn.
A good heavy pot with a lid is needed to bake this no knead pumpkin pecan bread. The pot is place in a hot oven to preheat. Once the dough is placed into the hot pot, it is covered with the lid that has been heated. The lid traps traps in the moisture and creates a mini steam oven in your oven. This makes the outer crust nice and crisp with a soft tender inside. Perfect for dipping into a hot soup or hot chocolate.
Chop toasted pecans. Set aside.
In a 2 quart mixing bowl, combine flour, salt, yeast and spice mixture.
Stir in chopped pecans.
In a small mixing bowl, add water, pumpkin puree, and honey.
Mix until completely smooth. Pour over flour mixture and stir only until all of the flour is combined. Remember “NO KNEADING” required.
Cover with plastic wrap and allow to rise for 12-18 hours.
Pour dough out onto a heavily floured surface and shape into a ball. Place on a sheet of parchment paper or in a Bratform, cover with plastic wrap. Let rise for 1 hours. After the 1 hour rise time, I turned the dough that is in the Bratform onto a sheet of parchment then used the parchment as a sleeve to place the dough into the pot. Meanwhile, heat oven to 450 degrees F. Place a heavy pot with a lid into the hot oven and preheat for 30 minutes. Remove the hot pot from the oven and lift the parchment paper with the dough and carefully place into the hot pot. Cover with the lid and continue baking for 30 minutes. Remove the lid and bake an additional 10-12 minutes or until golden.
Remove from the oven and carefully lift the parchment paper from the pan and place on a cooling rack. Slide the bread off the parchment paper. Allow to cool before slicing for best results…I’ve never had the willpower to wait. Hot bread is so dang good. Dig in! Just don’t burn yourself.
Amazing bread with very little effort. I think I spent a total of 10 minutes prepping the dough and that included toasting the pecans.
I personally love this bread dripping with honey. Enjoy!
No Knead Pumpkin Pecan Bread
- 3 cups + 2 tablespoons bread flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon yeast
- 2/3 cup pecans, toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup honey
- In a 2 quart mixing bowl, combine flour, salt, yeast, spices, and pecans
- In a small mixing bowl add water, pumpkin puree, and honey. Stir until smooth.
- Pour pumpkin mixture over flour mixture and stir just until all of the flour is absorbed. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise for 12-18 hours.
- Meanwhile, pour dough onto a heavily floured surface and shape into a ball. Place dough on a sheet of parchment paper. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise for 1 hours.
- When the oven has reached 450 degrees, place a cast iron pot with a lid in the oven and heat the pot for 30 minutes. Remove hot pot from the oven and lift the parchment paper along with the dough and gently place into the hot pan. Cover and return to oven for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes remove the lid and bake an additional 15 minutes. Remove bread from oven and place on a cooling rack to cool.
- 1 teaspoon of Pumpkin Pie spice may be used in place of cinnamon, cloves, allspice, and nutmeg
- To toast pecans: Place pecans on a baking sheet and place in a preheated 350 degree oven for 6-8 minutes. Cool.
Serving Size 36
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Sodium 106.4 mg
Total Carbohydrates 19.3 g
Sugars 15.5 g
Protein 3.5 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.